Friday, February 15, 2013

Origins - Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash

I recently got an Origins sample kit as a 500-point perk from Sephora. It included a trial size Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash tube. At first when I tried it I wasn't super impressed. I also squeezed out waaaaaay too much! But I stuck with it and after using it for a few weeks, I gotta say - I'm in love!

The first thing I love about this is that when it says frothy, it means frothy. You need just a tiny amount - less than half the amount of cleanser I normally use - and it'll foam up like crazy. I love the quality of the foam, too. It's not bubbly and full of air. Rather it's a dense, rich foam that really coats my face in a deep-cleansing lather that feels like it's really getting my skin clean, but without leaving it feeling dry.

It also has a lovely, refreshing mint scent to it that leaves my skin feeling just a little bit tingly. This and the consistency remind me a bit of Noxzema, but it's much foamier, not as intense in smell and much gentler.

When I was on a trip for a few days, I wanted to pack light so I just took this and used it morning and night along with my Embryolisse. I don't know if it was one or the other or the combination of both, but my skin felt a-mazing.

It's pretty gentle, so my sensitive skin doesn't react to it and I think it would be good for all skin types. I doubt my bathroom will ever be without this cleanser again.

Origins products are pretty pricey, and this is no exception. But, because you need so little - seriously, the smallest amount you can squeeze out is enough - it will last so long that it probably ends up being about the same cost as a cleanser a third the cost. Totally worth it in my opinion. 

Have you tried it? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...